Highfields Spencer Academy is an all-inclusive school where diversity is celebrated. Our school strives to be a ‘centre of excellence’ for specialist teaching and learning.
At Highfields Spencer Academy we ensure that all pupils in our school are equally valued by having equal access to a broad and balanced ASPIRE curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
- We have effective management systems and procedures in place for SEND, taking into account the current Code of Practice (2015)
- We have successful communication between teachers, children with SEND, parents of SEND children, Teaching Assistants and outside agencies
- We acknowledge and draw on parents’ knowledge and expertise in relation to their own child
- Through the parent meetings the children are encouraged to take an increasingly active role in their targets, progress and next steps.
- We are committed to developing the knowledge and skills of all the staff to manage the challenges of the range of needs in the school, and to ensure that all support is of high quality
- We have an effective review cycle which allows us to monitor, review and plan for the next steps of development based on the ASSESS PLAN DO REVIEW cycle, as explained within our SEND Policy.
- Through our ASPIRE Curriculum, we ensure that consideration for SEND crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning.
For more information, please find below our SEND Information Report and Policy:
- A copy of the Derby City Council Local Offer is available here.
- A copy of the school SEND policy is available here and the Code of Practice here.
- The SEND Information Report is available here.
- The school Accessibility Plan can be accessed here.
- Mrs Anna Jones (Principal)